- Bachelor of Architecture, Cornell University
- Registered Architect, State of Hawai’i
- NCARB Certificate
- Certified Construction Specifier (1986 – 2007, www.csinet.org)
- LEED Accredited Professional
- Fulbright Senior Specialist (www.cies.org)
- 475 High Performance Building Supply (475), Oct 2016 – present, Business Development – Eastern Canada | Specifications. 475 provides essential building knowledge and components to support the transformation of US and Canadian construction to high-performance, low-energy buildings, and Passive House buildings – the gold standard that results in more comfortable, healthy and affordable buildings while reducing energy usage up to 90%, without a lot of complicated technology. Our focus starts at airtightness – the single most important factor in building thermal performance. We also provide related components such as vapor control membranes and tapes, ecological insulation, PH-certified roof openings, and PH energy balance software. In addition to several detailed trainings, we offer numerous free knowledge resources including videos, specifications, details, writings, conference presentations, and other aids. Passive House and other high performance building methodologies are no longer a fringe concept – the market has caught on, and 475 is there to support the transition.“475” refers to the PH heat demand requirement of 4.75 kBTUs per square foot per year (converted from 15kWh/m2*yr in metric).
- Climate Resources Exchange International Pte Ltd. (CRX), Jul 2016–present, Advisor. CRX provides climate change mitigation & adaptation advisory services, carbon foot-printing & emission reductions offsets, clean energy project origination, and corporate social responsibility advisory services. CRX created and operates CarbonBankTM, an integrated, user friendly, web-based platform where members buy, sell or trade carbon credits and other instruments related to environmental markets and socio-economic progress. CarbonBank facilitates the finance of sustainable development projects such as renewable energy systems.
- The GreenAsia Group, March 2012 – present, Singapore. Associate. The GreenAsia Group works with businesses as strategic advisors to develop tailored and holistic strategies and solutions for sustainable development that benefit People, Profit and Planet. With a core team and committed network of internationally respected experts, educators and environmentalists, we are well positioned to deliver world-class solutions to organizations in South East Asia.
- Green Building Education (GBE), March 2009 — present. Director. GBE provides technical expertise in green building to construction professionals in underserved markets outside of North America. We developed and deliver a three-day course for facility managers on “Integrative Design for Energy Efficiency” developed as a component of the Singapore Certified Energy Manager Programme (SCEM).
- Chris Allen + Associates, Jan 2015–present, Advisor. CA+A is a global network of planners, designers, process specialists, biologists, engineers, and innovators who are closely allied with Biomimcry 3.8 and the emerging global biomimicry network. CA+A collaborates with clients and partners to create business strategy, design solutions, assemble resources, develop technical projects, and help catalyze leadership efforts toward a more regenerative and resilient built environment.
- Regenerative Network and Regenerative Ventures, Inc. (RV), Nov 2009–Sep 2016. Director of Consulting and Chief Knowledge and Innovation Officer (as a consultant). RV is the operating company of David Gottfried, the founder of the USGBC and WorldGBC. RV takes a results-driven approach, as opposed to process-driven, to developing visionary and profitable strategies for organizations and buildings with “green” as the definition of value. The Regenerative Network is a consortium of selected leading green building product manufacturers and service providers that is promoting a shift from traditional ways of doing business, to new, collaborative ways of working that are essential to survive and thrive in our rapidly changing world.
- iLiv Technologies, Inc., December 2007 — February 2009. VP for Knowledge and Community. iLiv’s technology radically optimizes the way people work on the Web. Its deeply integrated work platform harnesses knowledge, tools, and the power of social networking to accomplish serious work, and drive individual and organizational change and productivity.
- World Green Building Council, Nov 2002 — May 2007. Served as founding board secretary from 2002 to 2005 before committing full time to the council’s development in June 2005. Focused on supporting the development of new councils around the world, the council itself and its programs, and partnerships to support operations. Our original mission was to accelerate the transformation towards sustainability by helping to create successful green building councils and effective rating systems, and by serving as the premier voice for global green building. Today the WorldGBC is a union of 100+ national green building councils around the world.
- Rocky Mountain Institute Green Development Services (RMI), Senior Consultant and Research Associate, January 1999 – April 2005. RMI is an independent, entrepreneurial, non-adversarial and trans-ideological, nonprofit think tank that promotes integrative design, advanced technologies, and mindful markets. Consulting projects I managed included California Academy of Science, the Boston Museum of Science, Boston Convention Center, environmental design for schools in Curitiba, Brazil, High Performance Internet Data Centers, Greening the California State Capitol, The Capitol East End project in Sacramento, a new corporate headquarters for Carmax, and greening Bulmers–the world’s largest maker of hard cider. Participated in Greening a Texas Instruments Chip FAB (LEED Gold), and teaching Natural Capitalism at Beijing University.
- Gottfried Technology, Inc., Director, BuildingFutures Services, 1997 – 1998. David Gottfried is the founder of the USGBC and WorldGBC, Administered BuildingFutures Services, a comprehensive green building program for new commercial construction. Projects included the Santa Monica Public Safety Facility, the Industry Partner Program for Montana State University EPICenter, the California EPA Building, and a high-rise residential tower in San Francisco. During this time also organized and produced the “Dialogue on Sustainable Building” conference in Portland, Oregon.
- Enron / Portland General Electric (PGE), “Earth Smart Ambassador” (commercial program manager), 1996 – 1997. An innovative and comprehensive green building program for new commercial construction, funded by regulated utility energy-efficiency programs. Projects included Portland City Hall renovation, Nike Headquarters Campus expansion, University of Portland Science Lab, a college library, and numerous office buildings. Brought PGE support to the North Clackamas High School pilot performance-based fee project, an initiative of the Energy Foundation/Rocky Mountain Institute, and the founding of the Oregon Natural Step.
- Gensler, senior project architect, 1991–96. In Los Angeles and London. Projects included a new domestic terminal for San Diego Airport, revisions to Delta’s Terminal 5 at LAX, a new office building in downtown London, redevelopment of Babelsberg Studios in Pottsdam, Germany, Sony Lincoln Square Theaters in New York City, and the Sony Pictures Studio renovation in Culver City, California.
- Riesberg Architects, senior project architect, 1989 – 1991. A Charleston, South Carolina firm practicing forensic architecture.
- Eubank + Thompson Architects, partner, 1987-91; Charleston, South Carolina
- Troughton McAslan Limited, architectural computer consultant, 1987; London, England
- Michael Aukett Associates, architect, 1987; London, England
- Huston Eubank, Architect, 1985 – 1987; Charleston, South Carolina
- Charleston Architectural Group, founding partner, 1981 – 1985; Charleston, South Carolina
- Huston Eubank, Architect, 1976 – 1981; Charleston and Honolulu
- Leo S. Wou and Associates, intern architect, 1974-76; Honolulu, Hawai’i
- US Navy Commissioned Line Officer, 1969 – 1973
All Natural Systems Have Common Roots
PROFESSIONAL AND KNOWLEDGEABLE“Huston Eubank is extremely professional, knowledgeable and competent, an excellent leader, and someone who is all over a job until it is finished successfully. He is unusually well organized and results oriented, and is very proactive in suggesting new ideas and initiatives. His deep knowledge and many years of experience in green building and sustainable development are a major asset in the Green Asia Group’s work. To top it off, he’s a delight to work with. I highly recommend him to anyone who is enthusiastic about green development and sustainability.”
Bradley T. Gardner
Founder, The GreenAsia Group
CONSULTING EXPERTISE“The consulting expertise we received from Huston Eubank has been invaluable. I consider him one of the foremost experts in sustainability and green building and Huston is one of our most trusted advisors. You probably can’t put a price tag on the value of the wisdom and knowledge that he brings to the table! “
Director of Sustainable Building Solutions at ASSA ABLOY